Listen to Joey's great voice!!!
Click on the following links to hear him:
Joey meets Melanie in a library.
Joey asks Melanie to marry him!!!
1 Dollar for each Whoa!
Joe, Andy, and Clare are talking during
breakfast when Matt comes in.
Full name: Joseph Lawrence Mignogna, Jr. (wants to be called Joe by his friends!)
Birthday: April 20, 1976 (Aries)
Birthplace: Montgomery (Strawbridge), Pennsylvania
Weight: 163 pounds
Waist: 29 inches
Chest: 42-1/2 inches
Hair color: brown
Eye color: hazel
Status: Married in August 2002 to Michelle Vella
Family: Mom - Donna Shaw (born 1952); Dad - Joseph, Sr (born 1949); Brothers - Matthew and Andrew
Pets: a turtle, 2 dogs (Tommy, his own dog, was a stray dog), 2 iguanas
Shoe size: 10
Most memorable moment: "A trip to the Caribbean."
Best qualities: "I'm honest and faithful."
Worst qualities: "I'm a perfectionist, and I worry too much."
Message to fans: "Live and enjoy life!"
"You should do what you know is right and only that.
If you do, then you're never going to end up regretting something or doing something bad."
"Try to be the best person you could be!!!"
Self-description: "I'm a nice guy and honest with everyone. Honesty is very important to me."
What makes him happy: "Spending time with the people I love."
Song that makes him cry: "When you wish upon a star. It's such a simple song, and it's so positive."
Song that makes him laugh: "The Humpty Dumpty dance, by Digital Underground."
First commercial: Cracker Jack and he has done over 70 commercials since then.
Instruments he plays: Piano,keyboard,and guitar.
Foods: Pizza, pasta, grilled chicken and cheeseburgers
Drinks: Soda, orange juice and milk shakes
Desserts: Hot fudge sundaes and "my grandmother's chocolate chip cookies"
Colors: White, blue, silver, green, black
Collections: Baseball caps and antique model cars
Book: The Rites of Autumn
Authors: John Steinbeck, Ayn Rand, and Somerset Maugham
Cartoon character: Bugs Bunny
Theme park: Disneyland and Disney World
Sports: Baseball, soccer, water-skiing, and crosscountry running
Sports team: The Philadelphia Eagles
Music: "likes all kinds of music - R&B, pop, country, and the music of the 1940s.
"String of Pearls" by Glenn Miller is a classic romantic ballad from World War II,
and we don't have too many classics like that anymore."
Songs: "Motown Philly" by Boyz II Men, "Yesterday" by the Beatles
male singer: Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill, Elton John, Garth Brooks, Billy Joel
female singer: Mariah Carey
Groups: Boyz II Men, the Bee Gees
Concert: "Michael Jackson. I went to see him at Dodger Studium in Los Angeles in 1983.
I was seven years old, and I still remember it in great detail. I guess I was very impressionable back then."
Actors: John Travolta, Mel Gibson, Robert DeNiro
Actress: Demi Moore
Movies: An American in Paris, Saturday Night Fever, Lethal Weapon 1, 2 & 3
Worst habit: Biting his nails
Joey-ism: "There ya' go."
- Is left-handed.
- When he was born, Joe weighed 7 lbs, 10 oz.
- Joe graduated high school in 1994 with a 4.6 GPA at the USC
- One thing he likes to do in his spare time is read and study Native American history.
- Is allergic to peanuts.
- Is afraid of spiders.
- Joe always has a pencil in his pocket in case he is inspired to write a song.
- Smoking really turns Joe off.
- He's labeled the neat freak.
- To maintain his perfect body, Joey does a lot of sit-ups.
"I do 200, five times a day", he says. "I do them wherever I am - on the set, in my bedroom.
I try not to let one day go by without doing sit-ups."
- The performer Joe would love to have sing at his next party is Johnny Gill,
whom he calls "one of the greatest singers in the world."
- Joey has shown an interest in art. He has recently taken up pencil- and charcoal-sketching.
- In his spare time, Joe likes to collect and build model cars.
- People would be surprised to learn that Joey washes his car three times a week.
- Joe wants to sing a duet with Mariah Carey.
"She's such a great singer, and she has a lot of funk to her, so it would be a lot of fun to improvise with her," he says.
- Turned down the movie 'Major Payne' because he wouldn't cut his hair short.
- He doesn't like watching himself on TV.